Goose Hollow Inn / PORTLAND
- 2 slices of dark rye bread
- 3 ounces (to taste) of Russian or Thousand Island dressing
- 2 slices of thick Swiss Cheese
- 4 ounces of sauerkraut (squeeze off the liquid to avoid soggy bread)
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms (can be more; they will cook down)
- Several slices of red onion
- 2 slices of tomato
- ⅛ teaspoon of granulated garlic
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place bread slices open face on a cookie sheet.
- Generously spread the dressing on both slices of bread. On the first slice, spread sauerkraut on one slice over the dressing. Place Swiss cheese slices over the sauerkraut. On the second slice of bread, spread out the mushrooms, then top the mushrooms with the red onion. Sprinkle the mushroom and onion slice with garlic.
- Bake both sides of bread until the cheese is fully melted, even a little bubbly. Top the veggie side with tomato. Combine slices into a sandwich, let it rest for a minute, then slice in half and enjoy!
Billy Rye Whiskey Boulevardier + Manhattan
McMenamins / PORTLAND
- 1 ounce Billy Rye Whiskey
- 1 ounce Edgefield Sweet Vermouth
- 1 ounce Campari
- In a mixing tin, combine whiskey, sweet vermouth and Campari. Add ice, stir and strain into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with an orange peel.
- 2 ounces Billy Rye Whiskey
- ½ ounce Edgefield Sweet Vermouth
- 3 shakes Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- In a stirring vessel, combine whiskey, sweet vermouth and bitters. Stir with ice for 30 seconds and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a cherry at the bottom of a cocktail glass.