Categories: Other

Oregon Trail Brewery

The Oregon Trail brewing process is very simple. The grain is mashed using single-temperature infusion and is then sparged and drained into the direct-fired brew kettle. During the boil, kettle hops are added based on the particulars of each beer’s recipe. Thirty minutes before strikeout, Irish moss is added to the kettle along with the finishing hops. The bitter wort is then drained into a hop strainer and pumped through a plate chiller into one of the fermentors. In-line wort oxygenation is accomplished en route to the fermentor. Last year, Oregon Trail Brewery produced 519 bbl of beer, 90% draft with the remaining 10% as 22-oz bottles of the white ale (hand bottled at the brewery). Wills and Bockmore expect to hit full capacity (1200 bbl) in early 1996. This event will be the next major transition for Oregon Trail Brewery.

Share
Published by
admin

Recent Posts

Spring Whiskey Events Around Oregon

MARCH 25 Distillery Startup Workshop Mon, Mar 25 – Fri, Mar 29 Corvallis Corvallis, OR MARCH 28 The Eastburn’s Whiskey…

4 weeks ago

Women and Whiskey at Freeland Spirits

Freeland Spirits sets out to do distilling differently written by Sheila Miller Freeland Spirits started with a Texas grandma, a…

4 weeks ago

Gravel Riding Calendar 2019

WASHINGTON Cascadia Super Gravel (Olympia) — March 30 www.racecascadia.com Vicious Cycle's Gran Fondo Series wwwrideciciouscycle.com Ephrata — March 17 Goldendale…

1 month ago

Gravel Ride the PNW

Get off the pavement and into backcountry on gravel roads across the Pacific Northwest by Kevin Max I climbed the…

1 month ago

Northwest Destination: Spokane Rising

Spokane is the right jumping-off point for outdoor adventure and sophisticated city life written by Cara Strickland If you’re looking…

1 month ago

Trip Planner: Redmond

Central Oregon’s oft-overlooked city is getting cool before our eyes written by Sheila Miller Not so long ago, downtown Redmond…

1 month ago