On Sunday, September 3, Departure Restaurant + Lounge will host dear friend Michelle Tam for the release of her hot new cookbook, Ready or Not!. Michelle Tam is a James Beard Award nominee, New York Times bestselling author, Saveur Award-winning blogger, Webby Award-winning app creator, and podcaster. Michelle’s Nom Nom Paleo blog, cookbooks, cooking app, and podcast, are intended to help consumers translate the paleo diet “rules of the road” into delicious, easy-to-prepare meals.
Guests can make an evening of it at Departure Restaurant + Lounge by calling 503-802-4642 to book their reservation. Tickets can be sold separately to the Meet and Greet and the Dinner, or together.
- 4:30-6:00 p.m. – Meet and Greet with Michelle Tam, complete with book signing, drink and bites (West Deck)
- Grilled Shrimp: lemongrass, chili, makrut lime
- Beef Skirt Steak Skewer: black sesame
- Choice of red or white wine, a non-alcoholic beverage or a special Ready Or Not cocktail.
$25 per person
- 6:30-9:00 p.m. – Five-course menu of Departure’s favorite summer dishes (all paleo-friendly!)
- Cauliflower & Asparagus Salad: ramp, coconut cream, saffron, garam masala
- Spicy Seafood Curry Broth: halibut, scallop, shrimp, turmeric, lime, dill
- Black Pepper Chicken: red chili, tamarind, lime
- Wok Fired Long Beans: red curry, crispy shallot
- Burnt Coconut Pudding: cherry, Thai basil ice
$70 per person
Departure Restaurant + Lounge